The First Brazilian Workshop on Service Robotics (BRASERO 2013) will be held at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, RS, Brazil, on September 16th and 17th. This workshop will cover the most exciting new developments in the robotics field and related technologies.
We are now accepting extended abstracts for review. Works should focus on the theme of service robotics or related technologies, which include (but is not limited to) the following topics:
- Machine learning, intelligent systems, artificial intelligence, cognitive development, artificial neural networks, genetic algorithms, reinforcement learning, fuzzy sets
- Computer vision, image processing, object segmentation and recognition, face recognition, camera calibration
- Feedback control, digital control, control theory
- Embedded systems
- Real time systems
- Digital signal processing
- Object manipulation and action planning
- Innovations in mechanical design and materials
- Mobile robotics, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), sensor fusion
- Legged locomotion, biped walking
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Ethics and the social implications of the advance of service robotics
- Robotics applications and case studies
All submitted papers must be at most 4 pages long (including references), and be written in English following strictly this style: http://brasero.ufsm.br/template.rar
Submit your paper at http://brasero.ufsm.br/papers
- Deadline: 16 Aug 2013 11:59:59pm BRT
- Acceptance/rejection notification: 27 Aug 2013
The best works will be selected for poster and oral presentations during the event.
Take this opportunity and send your work!